Join the housing register
Re-register, renew or apply to join the housing register
New housing register applicants
You will need to fill out the online form and upload the documents we need in your customer account under 'required documents'.
If you are unable to upload the documents online you can send them to Registerforahome@guildford.gov.uk.
- proof of identity for all household members. This should be one of the following: a copy of a passport, birth certificate, or photocard driving licence
- proof of current address, for example, a recent utility bill
- evidence of your right to live in the UK if you are not a British citizen, for example, a passport and other relevant Home Office documentation
You may also need to provide some or all of the following, depending on your circumstances and housing history:
- proof that you no longer own, or have a financial interest in, a property in the UK or abroad, for example, a completion statement
- proof of how you disposed of any equity you may have received from the sale of a property
- proof that you do not owe money to a current or previous landlord
- proof if you have debt you are repaying it
- proof of your employment connection to the borough
- proof of your family connection to the borough
- proof that you are no longer the tenant of another social landlord
Whilst re-registering is taking place, new applications will not be prioritised. You can still apply to be on the housing register. Please visit:
Our video will take you through the steps on how to apply to join the housing register.
Existing housing register applicants
You must re-register for housing before you will be able to bid for housing. You must make sure:
- your application has been complete
- you have uploaded all your documents and;
- your application has been processed
We will prioritise and process housing applications for housing applicants who are re-registering.
Application date decisions are at the councils discretion if you did not meet the 10 November 2021 deadline to re-register.
If your household circumstances have changed, we may review your banding.
If you are a Guildford borough council tenant and re-registering, you do not need proof of your clear rent account. Even if it is on your list of 'required documents'. We will check your rent account details for you once you re-register.
Housing register renewals
Annual renewals continue to be suspended.