Allen House Grounds
Friends of Allen House Grounds
What is a friends group?
The friends group is a collection of people who value their local parks and open spaces. They want to enhance their local parks to meet the needs of the local community. The group is a strong link between the council and residents. It's a way for residents to share their views and ideas about the future of the park. This will help inform the council about local needs.
What can friends groups do?
- discuss views and concerns about the park
- raise issues about maintenance or improvements
- produce your own leaflets, newsletters or history of the park pamphlet
- set up a website or social media page about your park and the Friends activities
- organise events such as bulb and tree planting, clear-up days or picnics
apply for grants for some of the things above
If you would like to join the friends of Allen House Grounds email list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org