Toggle menu

Parking permit renewals

We are processing Guildford resident parking permits. Due to planned strike action by Royal Mail there could be a delay in receiving your new permit. Leave your old permit on display until you receive your new one.

Help with private renting

Problems with disrepair

Landlords must ensure your home:

  • is kept in reasonable repair
  • is in a safe condition
  • complies with housing legislation

We may be able to help you if you live in a private rented or housing association property, and:

  • it is in disrepair, and
  • you are struggling with your landlord or letting agent to get the repairs done

Guide for tenants

How to get repairs in a rented home

You can check your rights by searching the Government's new toolkit. 

How to get repairs done to your rented home

Use this checker to find out:

  • how to get something fixed by your landlord or letting agent
  • what to do if your landlord or letting agent are not responding to your requests

You'll get ideas about what to do next and links to more information.

Making a complaint

Put your disrepair issues in writing to your landlord or letting agent. Allow a minimum of 14 days unless it's urgent.

If you don't receive a response, or the response is unsatisfactory, you can make a complaint to the council.

To complain contact us on 01483 505050.