Help with private renting
Problems with disrepair
Landlords must ensure your home:
- is kept in reasonable repair
- is in a safe condition
- complies with housing legislation
We may be able to help you if you live in a private rented or housing association property, and:
- it is in disrepair, and
- you are struggling with your landlord or letting agent to get the repairs done
How to get repairs in a rented home
You can check your rights by searching the Government's new toolkit.
Use this checker to find out:
- how to get something fixed by your landlord or letting agent
- what to do if your landlord or letting agent are not responding to your requests
You'll get ideas about what to do next and links to more information.
Making a complaint
Put your disrepair issues in writing to your landlord or letting agent. Allow a minimum of 14 days unless it's urgent.
If you don't receive a response, or the response is unsatisfactory, you can make a complaint to the council.
To complain contact us on 01483 505050.