Join the housing register
Who can apply to be on the housing register?
As of the 25 November 2021 we have launched a new system to bid for housing. You can now bid for a property using our housing jigsaw register. We advertise properties between Thursday and Sunday weekly. The adverts run from 12am on Thursday, and close every Sunday at 11.59pm.
You can apply for council housing through us. You'll usually have to join a waiting list and you're not guaranteed to get a property.
You can apply to join the housing register if you:
- have a right to live in the UK
- are aged 16 years or over
- have a housing need listed in our allocations policy
- live or have family/employment connections in the borough (subject to verification)
We will send you a letter or an email if you have been accepted on the housing register.
This will tell you:
- the band you have been placed within
- the date your application has been registered from
- the size of property you are eligible for