Toggle menu

Your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts will be offline

From 4pm on Friday 31 March until 5pm on Monday 3 April you will not be able to access your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts on MyGuildford. This is whilst we run our year end processes. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Reductions for carers or those receiving care

Reductions for care workers

Care workers are people who are employed, usually by a charity or local authority, to provide care. Care workers living in your household are not counted for council tax if they:

  • provide support or care to another person at the same address
  • are employed to provide support or care to that person. They were introduced to that person by a charity or local authority
  • earn no more than £44 per week
  • work for at least 24 hours a week
  • live where the care is given or in premises which have been provided for the work

If we do not count this person for council tax and there are less than two adults in the property that are counted for council tax, you may be entitled to a discount.

You need to have a MyGuildford account to apply for this discount online. If you do not have a MyGuildford account you can set one up.

Register or sign into your MyGuildford account

If you have not yet registered to access your council tax account online, there are more steps. You can then link your online council tax account to your MyGuildford.

To complete this step you will need the following information:

  • your council tax reference number - found on your latest bill
  • your name exactly as it appears on your council tax bill
  • your property postcode
  • if you have applied for Local Council Tax Support or have been named on a council tax support application, you will also need to provide your national insurance number. This provides an additional level of security

Once you have linked your council tax account, you can go into the 'account summary' screen. You will see a list of 'quick links' on the right-hand side. You need to select the 'upload information or tell us about something else' link.

You need to supply the following information:

  • the date the care worker moved in with you
  • the name of the person who is receiving the care
  • upload a photo of a payslip that shows the care worker's earnings. You must state how often the care worker is paid