Toggle menu

Disruption to water services and amber weather warning

If you live in GU5 or GU6 you may be experiencing low water pressure or shortages. Visit Thames Water for updates.  

Met Office have issued an amber weather warning for thunderstorms. You can visit our pages for advice during a flood. For further advice or information visit the Met Office.

Report a change that may affect your council tax

Report a change to your property

You need to tell us about any changes that could affect you getting a discount, exemption or benefit. You could be fined £70 if you don't tell us about any changes. This could increase to £280.

You need to tell us if:

  • another adult comes to stay with you and this is their main home
  • a child in the house reaches the age of 18

You can report a move using our online forms. 

You need to have a MyGuildford account to tell us about other changes. If you do not have a MyGuildford account you can set one up.

Register or sign into your MyGuildford account

If you have not yet registered to access your council tax account online, there are more steps. To complete these steps you will need the following information:

  • your council tax reference number - found on your latest bill
  • your name exactly as it appears on your council tax bill
  • your property postcode
  • if you have applied for Local Council Tax Support or have been named on a council tax support application, you will also need to provide your national insurance number. This provides an additional level of security

Once you have linked your council tax account, go to the 'account summary' screen. You will see a list of 'quick links' on the right-hand side. You need to select the 'upload information or tell us about something else' link. ​

​You will also need to supply the following information:​

  • ​the date of the change​
  • the name of the person in the household who has moved in or out, or turned 18​

What happens next

We will contact you if we need any further information. If you are the bill payer and the amount of council tax you need to pay is affected, we will send you a new bill.