Report a change that may affect your council tax
Report a change to a tenanted property
If you are a landlord that rents property, you should tell us when your tenants change.
Even if you are not the bill payer, you may be liable for a charge if the property is empty for more than seven days.
Give us as much detail as possible. Read our council tax information for landlords page for more information.
You will need to supply the following information:
- the landlord's name, address and contact details
- the address of the tenanted property
- the date that the tenant vacated
- the date that new tenants moved in, or whether the property is still empty
- the type of tenancy offered
- whether the tenants are students
If you are a landlord and are paying council tax on a property because it is vacant, you can use our online forms to report when tenants move into the property. You will need a MyGuildford account to report the change.
What happens next
We will contact you if we need any further information. If you are the bill payer and the amount of council tax you need to pay is affected, we will send you a new bill.
If you have reported new tenants moving into the property, we will send them a bill.