Toggle menu

Your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts will be offline

From 4pm on Friday 31 March until 5pm on Monday 3 April you will not be able to access your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts on MyGuildford. This is whilst we run our year end processes. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Reductions for property annexes

Annexe is being used by the occupants of the main property

An annexe is a self contained unit, it is generally a building or part of a building. It is used as separate living accommodation. It may share common services and an entrance with the main house.

If the annexe is separately banded for council tax and you are the council tax payer for the main property, you can apply for a discount.

You can apply for a 50% discount on the council tax charge for the annexe if:

  • the annexe forms part of the main property
  • the annexe is being used as part of the main property by the person who is the council tax payer of the main property

The council tax discount will apply to the annexe, not the main property.

You need to have a MyGuildford account to apply for this discount online. If you do not have a MyGuildford account you can set one up.

Register or sign into your MyGuildford account

If you have not yet registered to access your council tax account online, there are more steps. You can then link your online council tax account to your MyGuildford.

To complete this step you will need the following information:

  • your council tax reference number - found on your latest bill
  • your name exactly as it appears on your council tax bill
  • your property postcode
  • if you have applied for Local Council Tax Support or have been named on a council tax support application, you will also need to provide your national insurance number. This provides an additional level of security

Once you have linked your council tax account, you can go to the 'account summary' screen. You will see a list of 'quick links' on the right-hand side. You need to select the 'empty property discounts' link.

You need to supply the following information:

  • The date the annexe started being used by the occupants of the main property