Toggle menu

Help us make our website better

Can you easily find what you're looking for on our website?

We're carrying out user-testing to make sure we understand where you think you'll find certain information on our website. We'd like you to help us by completing short navigational tasks.

Go to our website testing page

Mandatory rate relief

Business rates relief for Community Amateur Sports Clubs

Who qualifies for this relief?

Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC) registered with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

The property concerned must be used wholly or mainly by a CASC. 

How much mandatory relief do I receive?

You will receive relief to the value of 80% of your bill.

Can I claim discretionary relief?

No, there is no discretionary relief available.

What evidence should I provide to support my application?

Upload a photo of a document which is proof of registration with HMRC as a CASC. If you are already registered, your organisation should appear on the HMRC website..