Reductions for properties where all occupants are under 18
Property occupied only by people under 18
If all the people living in a property are under 18, it is exempt from council tax. This means you don't have to pay council tax for the property.
You need to have a MyGuildford account to apply for this exemption online. If you do not have a MyGuildford account you can set one up.
Register or sign into your MyGuildford account
If you have not yet registered to access your council tax account online, there are more steps. You can then link your online council tax account to your MyGuildford.
To complete this step, you will need the following information:
- your council tax reference number - found on your latest bill
- your name exactly as it appears on your council tax bill
- your postcode
- if you have applied for Local Council Tax Support or have been named on a council tax support application, you will also need to provide your national insurance number. This provides an additional level of security
Once you have linked your account, you can go into the 'account summary' screen. You will see a list of 'quick links' on the right-hand side. You should select the 'apply for or cancel an exemption' link.
You need to supply the following information:
- the date the property became occupied only by people under 18
- the names of the people living in the house
- proof of age of the people living in house - this could be a photo of a passport, driving licence or birth certificate. You will need to upload photos of the documents.