Toggle menu

Tell us about a change to your circumstances

What happens next?

If we need any further information, we will contact you. If your benefit changes, we will send you a new statement of your benefit entitlement.

If you have been paid too much benefit, we can recover the money.

We can recover overpayments by:

  • deducting money directly from your ongoing Housing Benefit, if you are still entitled to receive any
  • deducting directly from other social security benefits
  • sending you an invoice that will require you to make payments towards the overpayment, until it is cleared
  • asking your employer to set up a Direct Earnings Attachment (deducting directly from your wages)