Toggle menu

Parking permit renewals

We are processing Guildford resident parking permits. Due to planned strike action by Royal Mail there could be a delay in receiving your new permit. Leave your old permit on display until you receive your new one.

Empty property relief

Tell us about any changes

If there is a change to the occupation of your premises, you need to tell us.

You can tell us about any changes online if you have a MyGuildford account. If you do not have a MyGuildford account you can set one up. 

If you have not yet registered to access your business rates account online, there are more steps. You can then link your online business rates account to your MyGuildford.

To complete this step you will need the following information:

  • the business rate reference number - found on the latest bill. Do not include the "X" when you enter the reference.
  • the name of the business
  • the premises postcode

Once you have linked your business rates account, you can go to the 'account summary' screen. You will see a list of 'quick links' on the right-hand side.

Use the 'upload information or tell us about something else' form to tell us about the change.

The partial exemption ends when there is a further change in occupation. Or at the end of the financial year, whichever is sooner.