Toggle menu

Technical issues when searching for a planning application

We're experiencing some technical issues with our planning application search. Some customers may not be able to search for planning applications during this time. We're working hard to fix this as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience.

Report a suspected planning breach

What we investigate

Our team can act if someone:

✔ changes the use of some land without getting planning permission

✔ builds a new structure without getting planning permission

✔ does something different to what they said in their application for planning permission

✔ breaches a condition of their planning permission

✔ lets their land or building deteriorate to the point it affects the surrounding area

✔ works to a tree that's in a conservation area or covered by a Tree Preservation Order

✔ works to a listed building without obtaining listed building consent first

✔ displays a restricted type of advertisement (opens new window) without permission

Our team cannot act on the following:

problems with the use of or works on a highway, footpath, or verge. Report the problem to Surrey County Council (opens new window) or if there's immediate danger, contact the police

✗ dangerous structures. Report the dangerous structure to building control

noise nuisances. Report a noise nuisance

fly tipping or graffiti. Report fly tipping or graffiti

Who else can help?

There are also some issues which you should seek advice about from your solicitor or Citizens Advice. These include:

  • neighbour nuisance issues
  • boundary and land ownership disputes
  • a breach of a legal contract
  • creating covenants and enforcing them