Support for arrivals
Surrey County Council support
Find out how Surrey County Council are supporting Ukrainian nationals. You can also find out how communities can offer support. There is information about services that are available in Surrey for Ukrainians.
Support for arrivals
Surrey Adult learning English course for Ukrainians
Download the app to get offers and discounts in the town centre using the Privilege Card.
Find a job
- Find Guildford town centre jobs.
- Jobs at Royal Surrey County Hospital
- NHS jobs
- Jobs at the University of Surrey
- Jobs in Surrey Research Park
- Public sector jobs and careers
Free bus pass
Ukrainian nationals can now claim a free temporary bus pass. The bus pass is valid for three months. It can be used for travel on their most used bus route. Surrey County Council have worked with bus operators in Surrey to provide the scheme.
Local bus operators
- Compass travel - Guildford, Mole Valley, Reigate & Banstead
- Falcon travel - Elmbridge, Epsom & Ewell, Guildford, Runnymede, Spelthorne, Woking
- First bus- Guildford, Woking, Runnymede, Spelthorne
- Metro bus - Epsom & Ewell, Mole Valley, Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge
- Reptons coaches - Elmbridge, Guildford, Mole Valley, Runnymede
- Southdown- Reigate & Banstead, Tandridge
- Stagecoach - Guildford, Surrey Heath, Waverley, Woking,
- White bus - Guildford, Runnymede, Spelthorne, Surrey Heath, Woking
Barnardo's free helpline to support Ukrainian families
Barnardo's has set up a helpline to provide support for Ukrainian families. The helpline is for anyone fleeing the conflict in Ukraine, including children and families arriving in the UK. It offers help and advice on a range of topics.
Barnardo's free helpline (0800 148 8586) has English speakers and interpreters in Ukrainian and Russian. It is open Monday to Friday (10am-8pm) and Saturday (10am-3pm).
A dedicated email address email@example.com and webpage have also been set up for those helping with the Ukraine response.
Support for sponsors
The Sanctuary Foundation is offering a free course as an introduction to refugee safety, wellbeing and support.