How to host your own Coronation event in Guildford
You can apply to close a road for all sorts of things. Monday 8 May is a special bank holiday commissioned by The King to celebrate volunteering.
To mark the Coronation, any road closure application over the bank holiday from Friday 5 May to Monday 8 May will be free.
If you would like to hold a street party or celebration, you must apply by the deadline of 3 April 2023. This is to make sure your event will be safe and your application processed in time.
What you need to know
We have a few simple steps to help organise your day:
- let everyone on the road know what your plans are
- provide a clear map or plan showing your road closure and the diversion of traffic
- you'll be responsible for providing, putting up and removing all signage
- you'll also need to provide an event management plan. This will cover:
- when the event is taking place
- contact numbers for the organiser/s
- a timeline for the day and;
- how the area will be set up
- consider getting Public Liability Insurance cover
Events you can get involved in
The Coronation Big Lunch
The Coronation Big Lunch aims to bring neighbours together to celebrate as a community.
Sign up for The Coronation Big Lunch
The Big Help Out
The Big Help Out aims to help many different causes and create a volunteering legacy that reflects His Majesty's service.
Further details of events planned across the borough over the Coronation weekend and funding available for communities will be announced soon.