Toggle menu

Benefits and financial support

Apply for help with your rent

Find out about housing benefit and how to apply

Apply for help with your council tax

To claim council tax support, you must be entitled to a benefit, live at the property and pay council tax.

View your benefit account

With a MyGuildford account, you can access information about your housing benefit or council tax support account.

Tell us about a change to your circumstances

It may affect your housing benefit or council tax support. Tell us even if it's just about someone living in your home.

Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment

If you get housing benefit and are struggling financially, you could get some additional help from us.

Apply to the Mayor of Guildford's Local Support Fund

Help is available for individuals and families in our borough who are experiencing financial difficulties.