Toggle menu

Find out about bulky waste collections

Do I need a bulky waste collection?

Some waste is too big to pick it up with your usual bin collection. This includes household appliances, white goods and furniture. We work with the Surrey Reuse Network and Furniture Helpline (opens new window) to recycle and reuse bulky waste.

They cannot collect the following items in a bulky waste collection:


 Builder's rubble

Fluorescent tubes (including one in a sun bed)

Garden waste

Oil tanks

 Car batteries

✗ Many liquids including pots of paint

✗ Sheet glass

✗ Sheet plastic

Full size snooker/pool/billiard tables

✗ Large organs and pianos

If you want to throw these items away, you'll need to contact a private registered waste carrier. Find out more advice on using a contractor to get rid of waste.



  • one item - £49
  • two to four items - £84
  • five to ten items - £130

There may be discounts for those on eligible benefits.

Discounted (if in receipt of means tested benefits):

  • one item - £39
  • two to four items - £60
  • five to ten items - £90

Larger items like American style fridge freezers count as two items.

If you need more than ten items collected, the collectors will arrange to check what you have and give you a quote. They'll also need to check any ride on mowers and mobility buggies. You may get a discount if you're on low income, unemployment and housing benefit.

Arrange a collection

You'll need to fill out an online form to arrange a collection. If you do not have an email address, call 01420 489000 and leave a voicemail. They'll get in touch to arrange a collection.

What do I need to do before a collection?

You do not need to be home for a collection. Your waste will be collected at a pre-arranged location outside your house. The collectors will not pick up waste inside a property, garage or outbuilding. Put your items at the boundary of your property and make sure they can see them from the road.

You need to prepare some items for collection. For example, you'll need to empty fuel and oil out of any petrol mowers.

If you have any queries, email