Council Tax £150 energy bill rebate
Council Tax Discretionary Energy Rebate 2022-23
What you need to know
Every council has its own discretionary energy rebate scheme. We received £235,500. This will provide 1,570 payments of £150.00. Currently, our scheme has two strands. You can read the full document here.
We are giving out £150 to council tax payers in properties banded E, F, G or H. They must meet at least one of the following criteria on 1 April 2022.
- be in receipt of local council tax support
- be in receipt of a disabled band reduction
- be with either a carers or severely mentally impaired disregard
- be with a severely mentally impaired exemption
- be in receipt of housing benefit for a working age taxpayer
Where possible, we have written to eligible council tax payers to invite them to apply.
We are paying up to £150 to council tax payers in properties banded E, F, G or H on 1 April 2022. They must meet at least one of the following criteria during the period 1 April 2022 to 30 June 2022.
The council tax payer or partner is receiving any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Disability Living Allowance Care Element, any rate
- Disability Living Allowance Mobility Element, any rate
- Personal Independence Payment Daily Living Component, any rate
- Personal Independence Payment Mobility Component, any rate
- Attendance Allowance
- New Style Employment Support Allowance
- War Pension
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
- Industrial Injuries Benefit
- Carers Allowance
To apply, you must upload an image showing entitlement, as well as an image of your bank statement.
An application for strand two must be made by 12 August 2022. We will process all applications and make payments no later than 30 November 2022. The amount we give will be determined by the number of successful applications. It will not be more than £150, but may be less.
How do I apply?
All applicants will need their:
- council tax number
- date of birth
- bank account details
All applicants will need to upload an image of their bank account showing:
- their name and address
- bank sort code
- bank account number
We will only pay into a bank account of the person whose name is on the council tax bill.
Applicants under strand 2 will need to prove they receive one of the relevant benefits. Upload an image of a document that covers any part of the period 1 April 2022 to 30 June 2022.