Toggle menu

Household Support Fund applications are open

A grant of up to £300 per household is now available to residents with low income. It offers help with food, fuel bills and other related essentials.

Find out if you're eligible for the Household Support Fund and apply today.

Report a dangerous structure

 report icon

We'll remove any danger caused by buildings or structures in Guildford. To report a dangerous building or structure call:

  • 01483 444545 during office hours
  • 01485 532122 out of hours

You'll need to give us the following information:

  • the address of the dangerous structure
  • description of the danger
  • ownership details (if known)
  • your name and contact details

What happens next?

Our surveyors will decide:

  • if the structure is dangerous
  • if the danger needs immediate action or if it could be monitored and sorted out within an agreed timescale

If the danger requires immediate action, we'll arrange the necessary work and recharge costs to the owner. If the building requires repairs, the owner will be given a deadline to complete them (at their own cost).

If the owner of the building does not carry out the required work, we may seek a court order. The owner is responsible for the costs of remedial works and we may charge them for our time.

Our building control team also advise emergency services involved with dangerous structures, including:

  • Surrey Police
  • Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
  • Surrey County Council Highways