Toggle menu

Disruption to water services and amber weather warning

If you live in GU5 or GU6 you may be experiencing low water pressure or shortages. Visit Thames Water for updates.  

Met Office have issued an amber weather warning for thunderstorms. You can visit our pages for advice during a flood. For further advice or information visit the Met Office.

Animal licensing policy

Document icon

The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 has changed the way animal-related businesses are inspected and licensed.

New regulations

The new regulations define the animal-based activities that need licences as:

  • selling animals as pets. This includes keeping animals in a business with a view to them being so sold or resold
  • providing or arranging accommodation for other people's cats or dogs. On any premises where the accommodation is a purpose of the business
  • hiring out horses for riding, instruction in riding, or both
  • breeding three or more litters of puppies in any 12-month period. Breeding dogs and advertising a business of selling dogs
  • keeping or training animals for exhibition. This could be for educational or entertainment purposes, either to any audience attending in person, or by recording

Read our  Animal Licensing Policy (Word doc) [319KB] .