Green Belt and Countryside Study
What is the study?
The Green Belt and Country Study helps us:
- develop Guildford without harming Green Belt and countryside land
- decide if and where we could add new land to the Green Belt
The study offers a range of sites we might allocate for development. These are called Potential Development Areas (PDAs). It does not either:
- guarantee sites will be allocated
- judge whether they are suitable for development
Land in either of the following are not included in the study:
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- the Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area
If you're making a planning application, we advise you to carry out your own constraints and sustainability analysis. We decide on applications based on their own merits rather than on the information in this study.
You may also wish to read maps showing:
Green Belt and Countryside Study documents
Volume I plus Appendix I and II
Volume II plus Appendix IV
Volume II Appendix III
Volume II Addendum
Volume III plus Appendix V, VII
Volume III Appendix VI
Briefing note and FAQs
To buy a hard copy or DVD, contact us on 01483 505050. Please let us know two days before you'll collect your documents from Millmead, so we can have it prepared.