Find out about the Mayor of Guildford
Meet the Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Dennis Booth is the Mayor of Guildford for 2022-23.
He has been a councillor for the Christchurch ward since 2019.
Dennis has lived in Guildford, where he met his wife Mary, since the mid-1970s. He retired in 2018 from a successful career in IT, and was elected to Christchurch ward in 2019.
Dennis has served as:
- Deputy Armed Forces Champion on the Guildford Community Covenant Panel
- Vice-Chair of the Licensing Committee
- A representative on the Planning, and Overview & Scrutiny Committees
- A representative currently a member of the Licensing Committee
- A representative on the Service Delivery Executive Advisory Board
Dennis is passionate about Guildford and committed to representing and assisting residents. In his Mayoral year he will focus on 'growing the community'. He wants to connect with as many of these people as possible and encourage togetherness.
Dennis will be out and about the borough as much as possible, meeting and supporting local events.
The Mayor's chosen charity is Challengers. This charity supports thousands of disabled children and young people.
He also supports The Mayor of Guildford's local Support Fund. It helps people facing financial problems.
The Deputy Mayor for 2022-23 is Councillor Masuk Miah.
Masuk has been a councillor for the Stoughton ward since 2019. He is currently a member of the Licensing Committee. He is also on the Strategy & Resources Executive Advisory Board.