Toggle menu

Slyfield community recycling centre closure

The Slyfield community recycling centre will be closed from 15 June to 30 June 2024 for essential maintenance. Find out more about alternative community recycling centres. (opens new window)

Report a change that may affect your council tax

Report a change to your property

You need to tell us about changes that could affect you getting a discount, exemption or benefit. You could be fined £70 if you don't tell us about any changes. This could increase to £280.

Tell us you are moving house

It's quick and easy to tell us if you are moving within or out of the borough.

Tell us you are moving house

Tell us about other changes online

You need to tell us if:

  • another adult comes to stay with you and this is their main home
  • a child in the house reaches the age of 18

If you already manage your council tax online, you can tell us about these changes online.

You'll need to:

  1. log in to your MyGuildford account (opens new window)
  2. click the 'council tax and benefits' tile
  3. select 'continue' on the 'view other services' page
  4. select 'council tax' on the 'your services' page
  5. on your account summary page, find the list of quick links.
    • if you're using a computer or laptop these will be on the right-hand side of the screen
    • if you're using a mobile device, click 'quick links'
  6. In the list of quick links find 'upload information or tell us about something else'
  7. fill in the form telling us:​
  • the date of the change​
  • the name of the person in the household who has moved in or out, or turned 18​

Once complete, we'll update your council tax account and issue you with a new bill.

Start managing your council tax online

To manage your council tax online you'll need to:

Once you have a council tax account number you'll need to:

  • link your council tax account with your MyGuildford account

To link both accounts you'll need:

  • your council tax account number - found on your latest bill
  • your name exactly as it appears on your council tax bill
  • postcode of your property
  • national insurance number if you:
    • have applied for Local Council Tax Support
    • are named on a council tax support application

Watch our video to find out more about linking your council tax account and your MyGuildford account.

When your account is linked to MyGuildford follow the steps above to tell us about a change.

What happens next

We'll update your council tax account. If you're the bill payer and the amount of council tax you need to pay is affected, we'll send you a new bill.