The Local Validation List
The Local Validation List was last updated and reviewed on 7 July 2021. Some application types (such as Discharge of Conditions) do not have local requirements.
What is the Local Validation List?
Every type of planning application needs to include particular details about the project. You need to give different details for each application type.
Select your application type below to see which details we need.
If your application is not listed, there are no local requirements. Instead, you only need to submit the information listed on the Planning Portal.
To build a new development, you'll also need to check the local drainage requirements.
- Works or extension to a dwelling
- Works or extension to a dwelling and consent for demolition in a Conservation Area
- Works or extension to a dwelling and Listed Building consent for alterations, extensions or demolition of a Listed Building
Full planning permission
- Full planning permission with advertisement
- Full planning permission
- Full planning permission with demolition in a Conservation Area
- Full planning permission with Listed Building Consent for alterations, extension or demolition
- Full Planning Permission - change of use only
Listed Building consent
- Approval of details reserved by condition
- Approval of reserved matters following outline approval
- Removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission or Listed Building Consent
Lawful Development Certificates
- Lawful Development Certificate - existing
- Lawful Development Certificate - proposed
- Lawful Development Certificate for a proposed works to a Listed Building
- Proposed agricultural development
- Proposed agricultural development - a new road
- Proposed agricultural development - excavation/deposit of waste farm material
- Proposed agricultural development - proposed fish tank (cage)
- Prior notification of demolition
- Prior notification - telecommunications
- Prior approval for an extension to a dwelling house
- Notification of completion of development - proposed extension to a dwelling house
- Prior approval for change of use