Request the Mayor's attendance
The Mayor attends 500 to 600 events every year. They help to raise the profile of many local groups, charities and businesses.
These events include:
- civic events - including the Annual Service of Remembrance
- community events
- fundraising events for local charities
- launch events - for local businesses and community groups
- visits to local community groups and schools
- hosting receptions for visiting dignitaries and other community leaders
Events where the Mayor needs to carry out an official function, like opening a new business, take priority over social events.
For certain events it may also be appropriate to invite:
- Leader of the Council, Councillor Joss Bigmore
- Joint Chief Executive, Tom Horwood
- or another lead Councillor, your local ward Councillor or senior council officer
Invite the Mayor to your event
Make sure you have all the details of your event to hand before booking the Mayor. Include as much information as possible.
We aim to confirm the Mayor's attendance at your event within five working days. If you haven't heard from us in this time, email email@example.com.
Completion of the form does not guarantee the Mayor's attendance at your event.
If the Mayor cannot attend your event, the invite is sent to the Deputy Mayor, unless you say otherwise.
To find out what happens when the Mayor or Deputy Mayor attends your event, go to the planning a visit from the Mayor page.