Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Refuse, recycling and new to area

find out more icon

New build properties in Guildford

If you are moving into a new-build property and you do not have any bins, please contact your developer, who will liaise with the council to arrange delivery.

Developers need to buy bins and pay for their delivery for new build homes and redeveloped properties. The developer needs to give us notice  so we can make sure we have the bins in stock and arrange their delivery.

For large developments (six plus communal bins or 20 plus 240ltr bins) we need 4-6 weeks' notice. For smaller developments, we would expect 3-4 weeks' notice.

Please see the council's Icon for pdf Supplementary Planning Document [2.58MB] for more details.

Just moved to Guildford

If you've moved to a property in Guildford, that is not a new build, and you don't have any bins, you will need to order them.

Order new bins for a property (that is not a new build)