Anti-social behaviour

When to report anti-social behaviour

If anti-social behaviour is causing alarm or distress to you or the community where you live you should report it. 

Report antisocial behaviour to the police

The Community Trigger is a process which allows different agencies, such as the police and the council to come together to find a solution. The trigger is designed to ensure we work together to try and resolve any complaints and is a means of reviewing how agencies have responded to your complaints.

When can I use the Community Trigger?

✔ The Community Trigger can be used if you have complained to us, the police and/or a registered housing provider (landlord) on three or more occasions about separate incidents in the past six months.

✔ You must have reported each incident of antisocial behaviour within one month of it happening.

Your case cannot be looked into if these conditions are not met.

When not to use it

✗ If you have reported anti-social behaviour and been given a date when you will get a response and this date has not yet passed. You should contact the agency you are working with to discuss what is happening.

✗ If you have reported anti-social behaviour and got a response but are unhappy with the conduct of a particular agency. You should make a complaint through the agency.