Green Scheme discounted parking
What is Green Scheme?
Green Scheme gives owners of electric vehicles discounted parking. Members will be given a green parking permit which is free of charge.
How does the discount work?
To receive a discount, members will need to buy a ticket on arrival at the car park. We will calculate your free parking based on the expiry time of your ticket.
Short stay car parks:
- pay for 1 hour's parking and receive 3 hours' parking for free
Shopper car parks:
- pay for 3 hours' parking and receive 3 hours' parking for free
- parking is free, without the need to pay for a ticket, when parking in a green bay at Bedford Road MSCP (see terms and conditions section for details)
Where can I park?
Green scheme operates at the following car parks:
- Bedford Road multi storey
- Leapale Road multi storey
- Bedford Road surface
- Commercial Road 2
- Mary Road
- Old Police Station
- Upper High Street
- G Live
- Lawn Road (Saturdays only)
- Robin Hood (Saturdays only)
- St Joseph's Church (Saturdays only)
- Portsmouth Road (Saturdays only)
Terms and conditions
- The green scheme discount does not apply to pay on foot car parks.
- The scheme does not apply to on-street pay and display bays or North Street car park as they have a short maximum stay time.
- You must clearly display your permit in the front of your vehicle to receive the discount. Failure to display your permit will result in a penalty charge.
- The 'Saturday only' car parks can be used on Sundays but discounted rates do not apply.
- There are two green bays at Bedford Road MSCP. These are for small electric vehicles only. Please be considerate and park within the bay markings.
- Electric vehicle charging bays are not part of the Green Scheme. A valid payment must be made to use these bays.
- Permits expire on 31st March and need to be renewed annually.
How do I apply?
To apply for a Green Scheme permit, print and complete the form below. You will need to attach a copy of your Vehicle Registration Document (V5C) with your form. Your V5C confirms to us that your vehicle is powered by electricity only.
Once completed, post your form and copy of your V5C to:
Green Scheme Parking Section, Customer Services, Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Guildford, GU2 4BB.
Or email them to email@example.com
If you need assistance completing the form, call our customer services team on 01483 505050.