Electric vehicle charging points
Which car parks have charging points?
We have installed electric vehicle charging points at the following locations:
|Car park||Number of charging points|
|Bedford Road MSCP||2|
|Farnham Road MSCP||4|
|G Live surface car park||2|
|Leapale Road MSCP||6|
|Millbrook surface car park||2|
|York Road MSCP||2|
|Artington park and ride||2|
|Merrow park and ride||2|
|Onslow park and ride||3|
How much does it cost to charge my vehicle?
You must buy a parking ticket and display it in your car window while your vehicle is charging. You do not have to pay extra for charging. If you are not charging your vehicle, use a standard parking bay.
We are reviewing how customers pay for parking and charging.
Electric charging fees apply during:
- the evening
- free parking hours
When charging fees apply, the cost is:
- £0.25p per kWh inc VAT when a member of the MER
- £0.30p per kWH inc VAT for pay as you go, third party schemes & roaming networks
The charge point provider may be responsible for setting dynamic charging tariffs. The tariffs may fluctuate with the cost of energy and demand. Check with your e-mobility provider for up to date pricing.
Other Electric Charging Facilities
- Tesla has opened a supercharger station at Guildford Spectrum car park . There are 12 supercharger units. There are also 4 'free-to-use' fast chargers available.
- Surrey County Council have an arrangement with a charging point provider to expand the on-street network. We are also considering becoming involved in this long-term arrangement.
- find out about fees and other charging points: