Guidance for Ukrainian nationals living in the UK
Homes for Ukraine sponsor guidance offers information and support to those considering sponsoring Ukrainian guests via the scheme. A factsheet explaining how Ukrainians can apply to the Homes for Ukraine sponsorship scheme is now available in English, Ukrainian and Russian. The government has also published a welcome pack for Ukrainians arriving in the UK.
Staying with a host after six months and ongoing support
Your sponsor may be happy for you to continue to stay with them for longer. Not every sponsor will be able to offer accommodation after six months. We encourage guests to plan with their sponsor for what happens next.
Sponsors and guests are recommended to read the private renting advice. This is to ensure that both are fully aware of their responsibilities.
If you have lived in the UK for six months here is some useful information about your next steps.
Finding a new sponsor
To support you, the government have developed a list of links to support you finding a new sponsor:
Renting private accommodation
Make sure you understand private renting laws in the UK Find out about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
The how to rent in England guide can help you when you are ready and able to move out of sponsorship.
Help with your rent deposits
We cannot act as a guarantor but we may be able to provide financial help with your deposit. This is to assist you to secure affordable private rented accommodation. Book an appointment to discuss your options. Phone us on 01483 505050 and request a housing options appointment.
Have the following information available when you call:
- names, gender and date of birth for all household members
- current address and move in date/expected move out date (if known)
- sponsors contact details
- former address in Ukraine plus move in date/move out date
Let us know if you need an interpretor for the call.
Moving to another area of the UK
Here is a list of organisations that may be able to connect you to a new sponsor in a different part of the UK:
- London Plus offers list of organisations providing support across London
- VCS Emergencies Partnership list shows support available across the country
- City of Sanctuary's published a list of local refugee support and solidarity groups
- The New Forest for Ukraine have a list of voluntary interpreters as well as matching people to homes
Contacting us for alternative accommodation
We have a limited supply of alternative sponsors on the rematching register. You will be prioritised by risk or emergency basis. If you cannot use any of the above options and you are concerned about where you will live after your sponsorship ends email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discuss with you:
- emergency housing if you have been made homeless. We cannot guarantee accommodating large families as a one group. You may be placed outside of our borough. The time you spend in emergency housing will depend on the availability of other housing
- finding a new sponsor. Our potential sponsors are limited. We will find new sponsors on a priority basis. If you have any safety, wellbeing or safeguarding concerns about yourself, or another guest contact us by phone: 01483 505050 or email: email@example.com.