Find out about our Community Meals service.
Our Community Meals service provides hot meals to elderly or disabled residents across the borough. The aim of the service is to encourage people to remain independent and living in their own home.
Meals are cooked and delivered in our purpose-built vehicles - they are hot and ready to eat. All meals are nutritionally balanced and meet the National Association of Care Catering's recommended standards.
Our choice-based menu includes a main course and dessert (see a sample menu card in the Downloads section of the page).
We deliver seven days a week if required, but you can choose to have meals delivered on whichever days suit you. Your meal will arrive between 11.30am and 2pm.
For more information, see our Community Meals information brochure in the Downloads section of the page.
Our Community Meals service is available to borough residents who meet one or more of the following criteria:
The person is:
- unable to cook for his/herself and there is no one else available to do so
- not motivated to cook and is in danger of malnutrition
- unaware of the time or the need to eat regular meals
- unable to shop for his/her main meal requirements
- a carer who would be assisted by meal preparation.
A borough resident, relative or an advocate can make a service request or referral. An information pack will be mailed out and where necessary, an appointment will be made for an introductory visit.
The current cost per meal, including dessert, is £4.20. Please contact us for more information on 01483 503010.
In addition to our Community Meals service, there are two lunch clubs that operate from Monday to Friday.
- Dray Court, Onslow Village, Guildford - telephone 01483 503010
- St Martins Court, West Horsley - telephone 01483 284586