Find organisations that can help your business
Employment and skills
Guildford Online Job Club
A free virtual Job Club is available for Guildford residents. It launched in 2020 to support local economic recovery following the coronavirus pandemic.
The job club:
- can support up to 100 members
- helps school leavers and graduates
- is open to the unemployed and those facing redundancy
The Job Club is delivered by The Stuart Mitchell Group. It helps individuals to understand their personal characteristics, qualities, skills and strengths. It guides them towards new career options involving employment, enterprise or volunteering.
Business experts will help individuals learn new skills. The club will help people to return to employment or start a business of their own. This is through online lectures, group workshops, one-to-one mentoring, training and educational resources. Practical advice will include CV-writing and interview techniques. Participants can use a community forum to support each other.
Skills for Employment scheme
The Job Club is part of the council's Skills for Employment initiative.
The Skills for Employment scheme will:
- see how skills can be adapted and transferred between employers and business sectors
- look at new industries such as green technology
- will look at collaboration opportunities through referrals and partnerships
The scheme will work with the Department for Work and Pensions and Jobcentre Plus. Surrey Chambers of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses will be involved.
The Apprenticeship & Skills Hub offer free advice on apprenticeship and skills training. The Hub also offer support and guidance with:
- funding apprenticeship training
- levy transfers
- sourcing apprentices
To find out more email: Emily.Dumelow@hants.gov.uk or visit the Apprenticeship Hub.