Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Viewing the electoral register

View the register 

Electoral registration is managed locally by the local electoral registration office for each area.

The only way you can view the electoral register is in person at our council offices. There is no official centralised register that can be searched online.

This service is by appointment only and will be under the supervision of a member of staff.

During busy periods, appointments to view the register will be limited (depending on staff availability) but we will try to find a suitable time and date during our office hours.

Contact the Electoral Services office to make an appointment to view the current register.  

Searching the register

The electoral register is organised by polling district, with each polling district listed alphabetically by street name.

It is not possible to search the register by name. You need to have some idea of where in Guildford the property or person you are trying to find is located.

Historic versions of the register

We do not hold historic electoral registers for public viewing. You can view historic versions of the electoral register at either:

The Surrey History Centre in Woking

The British Library in London

Tracing family members or friends

If you are trying to find a family member or friend, you may find some of the services listed below useful.

The services and information on them is not provided by us, and a fee may be payable to use them.

Name searches

Address searches

Information relating to adoptions

Public records

Armed Forces

Other search services