Toggle menu

Your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts will be offline

From 4pm on Friday 31 March until 5pm on Monday 3 April you will not be able to access your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts on MyGuildford. This is whilst we run our year end processes. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Apply for help with your rent

Who can claim housing benefit?

You can still apply for housing benefit if any of the following apply:

  • you are of state pension age
  • you live in supported or temporary accommodation

To make a claim you must:

  • rent your home or pay rent as a tenant, lodger or boarder in a hostel or bed and breakfast
  • be on a low income or qualify for other benefits
  • have savings of less than £16,000
  • live in the home you're claiming housing benefit for

In some circumstances you may be able to get housing benefit for two homes, including: