Toggle menu

Slyfield community recycling centre closure

The Slyfield community recycling centre will be closed from 15 June to 30 June 2024 for essential maintenance. Find out more about alternative community recycling centres. (opens new window)

Submit a building control application

What happens next?

Site inspections

Once you've applied and paid, you can start work. Our surveyors inspect the work during construction to make sure it meets building regulations.

Our inspections do not replace either:

  • full supervision
  • workmanship/quality checks

You'll need to arrange these yourself.

Arranging inspections

You, your agent or your builder need to notify us at certain points so we can arrange inspections.

Find out when you must book an inspection

You only have to apply for inspections at the statutory stages which affect your project.

Completion certificates

We'll issue a completion certificate after a satisfactory final inspection. You'll need the certificate if you sell the property. Your solicitor, bank or building society may need it too.

We can give you the details of old completion certificates issued for properties you own. If the work finished before 1991, we'll give you the completion letter. You'll need the following information:

  • building control application number
  • full address of the site location
  • description of the works

Either send this to or call 01483 444000. We'll respond to your request within 10 working days.

Use our online search if you need to find any of the information you need.

Search for a building control application

If we find the work you're searching for did not have a final inspection, we can arrange a date for one.