Corporate Plan 2018-2023
It is the over arching plan that sets out the strategy that underpins the direction of your Council for the next five years. For further details about our vision, priorities and outcomes, please read our
Our vision for 2018-2023
For Guildford to be a town and rural borough...
...that is the most desirable place to live, work and visit in South East England. A centre for education, healthcare, innovative cutting edge businesses, high quality retail and wellbeing. A county town set in a vibrant rural environment which balances the needs of urban and rural communities alike. Known for our outstanding urban planning and design, and with infrastructure that will properly cope with our needs.
Fundamental themes that support our vision
- Delivering the Guildford Borough Local Plan and providing the range of housing that people need, particularly affordable homes
- Making travel in Guildford and across the borough easier
- Regenerating and improving Guildford town centre and other urban areas
- Supporting older, more vulnerable and less advantaged people in our community
- Protecting our environment
- Enhancing sporting, cultural, community and recreational facilities
- Encouraging sustainable and proportionate economic growth to help provide the prosperity and employment that people need
- Creating smart places infrastructure across Guildford
- Using innovation, technology and new ways of working to improve value for money and efficiency in Council services
Values for our residents
- We will strive to be the best council.
- We will deliver quality and value for money services.
- We will help the vulnerable members of our community.
- We will be open and accountable.
- We will deliver improvements and enable change across the borough.
Mission - for the Council
We aim to be a forward looking, efficiently run Council, working in partnership with others and providing first class services that give our society value for money, now and for the future.