Equality and diversity
Guildford Borough Council has a longstanding track record of working to ensure equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment.
- We recognise our community has diverse needs
- We regard diversity as a strength in our community
- We work hard to make sure that, within reason, all customers can access our services
- We work hard to make sure that, within reason, all customers have access to our job opportunities
We do this by identifying and correcting any direct, indirect or intended discrimination. We also identify and correct any institutional discrimination arising from the procedures and practices of the Council. We promote:
- equal opportunities
- the value of diversity, and
- understanding the needs of others
We have committed the following resources to equality:
- equality leads at management team level
- a steering group involving Councillors, and
- an equality and diversity action group including representatives from protected groups and all services
The Council's approach to equalities and diversity is set out in the Equality and Diversity Policy Statement, which can be found in the downloads section of this page.
The Single Equality Action Plan can be found in the downloads section of this page.