Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Housing Advice and Neighbourhood and Housing Management Services Privacy statement

The information you provide will be used by Guildford Borough Council for the purposes of providing you with various landlord services (including housing advice). Your personal information will be processed in line with Data Protection legislation. It will not be disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes. We may share your information and make any necessary enquiries with other departments and statutory organisations to help us manage properties and handle claims.

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.

Information relating to a housing application, tenancy or lease agreement will be kept for as long as the agreement is active or where monies are owed on the account. Upon ending the tenancy all personal information will be securely destroyed with the exception of the tenancy agreement. This will be retained for a period of 6 years and basic tenancy history for the property will be kept indefinitely.

Should your housing application be cancelled we will retain your data for a maximum period of six years after it has been cancelled unless monies are owed when it will be retained for a longer period. Again it will be securely destroyed.

Further Information

If you have any questions about your data, privacy or the way the Council uses personal information, contact our data protection team.

If you believe we are not processing your data lawfully you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office