Visiting Pirbright heaths
We manage eight Heathlands in Pirbright. Our aim is to preserve these rare sites for future generations.
Postcodes below are the nearest to the heathland.
- Pirbright Heath, GU24 0LY
- Stuarts Heath, GU24 0DJ
- Bullswater Common South, GU24 0DE
- Bullswater Common North, GU24 0LZ
- West Heath, GU24 0JQ
- The Gardens, GU24 0JD
- Dawney Hill, GU24 0JB
- Chapel Lane, GU24 0JY
There are no car parks at our heathlands in Pirbright.
Things to see and do
- dog walking
- ground nesting birds
- all six UK species of reptiles
Follow the The Countryside Code
- we cut back dense scrub in winter to create clear ground for young heather to return
- we spread locally sourced seed on bare ground
- we treat bracken and birch in summer to prevent them dominating our Heathland sites
- cattle and ponies graze seasonally to help with scrub and grass control