History of Guildford House Gallery
Find out more about the history of Guildford House Gallery.
Built in 1660, Guildford House is an important and interesting building which is currently home to the Borough's Art Collection. The building is also a venue for a variety of temporary exhibitions.
Originally owned by the Childe family, Guildford House was later home to the Martyr family from 1736 to the 1840s. The building has also been used as a shop and restaurant and became the venue for a gallery in 1959.
Watch the virtual tour video of Guildford House to find out more about the history of this listed building.
What would life have been like for the Childe family, living in Guildford House in the 1600s?