If your works have a satisfactory final inspection by the Building Control Officer, you will receive a completion certificate.
The completion certificate will be useful in future property transactions and may be required by solicitors, banks or building societies.
If you are the property owner and can provide a building control application number, full address of the site location and a description of the works, we can give you a copy of the certificate. Please note there is a charge of £18 per copy as below:
- Building Control completion certificate pre 2001 £19
- Building Control completion letter pre 1991 £19
Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 444545. We will respond to your request within 10 working days.
Payment can be made by debit/credit card over the telephone or in person at our main reception. Cheques can be made payable to Guildford Borough Council.
If, following a local / history search, it is discovered that a final inspection was not carried out, we can arrange a date for inspection.
Get in touch
Telephone: 01483 444545
- Site inspections
- Submit a Building Control application
- Search for a Building Control application
- Types of application
- When you require a Building Control application
- Demolition guidance
- Dangerous structures
- Building Control fee calculator
- Interactive map of Building Control applications
- Partner Authority Scheme - join today
- CPD seminars
- LABC South East Building Excellence Awards
- Making a planning application
- Search and comment on a planning application
- Comment on a planning application