History of Guildford House Gallery
Find out more about the history of Guildford House Gallery.
Built in 1660, Guildford House is an important and interesting building which is currently home to the Borough's Art Collection. The building is also a venue for a variety of temporary exhibitions.
Originally owned by the Childe family, Guildford House was later home to the Martyr family from 1736 to the 1840s. The building has also been used as a shop and restaurant and became the venue for a gallery in 1959.
The Childe Family were the first occupants of Guildford House Gallery. Find out more about this history of this local family.