We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We also set analytics cookies to help us improve it, this information is collected in a way that does not allow us to identify anyone. Find out more about our cookies and how to block them. Find out more about Cookies

Altering the business rates information we hold

Contacting us

You can write to us at Guildford Borough Council, Business Rates Department, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB or email. However we can often take information about changes over the telephone 03300 123 0081.

If you are acting on behalf of someone else, you will need to provide documentation that shows that they have authorised you to do so.

    What you need to tell us

    You need to tell us about the following types of changes:

    Changes relating to your occupation or ownership of a property - for example

    • when you move in or out of a property
    • when you purchase or take on the lease of a new property
    • when you sell or relinquish the lease on a property
    • when you change the way you use the property

    Changes to your organisation - for example

    • if your organisation gains or loses charitable status
    • if your correspondence address changes
    • if the name of your business changes
    • if you were a sole trader but become a limited company
    • if you are in receipt of Small Business Rate Relief and then take on another property anywhere in the country

    We need to know the:

    • exact date of any change
    • ratepayer's name
    • address of the property concerned
    • name and contact details of any other parties involved.


    If the change is likely to result in a refund being due to you then please provide your bank account details in writing so that the refund can be made direct to your account.