Tell us about a change to your business
Some changes that you make to your business or property could affect your business rates.
We have dedicated pages for some of the changes you might want to report. Follow the links below if:
- you move in or out of a property
- you buy or take on the lease of a new property
- you sell or give up the lease on a property
- your organisation gets or loses charitable status
- you are in receipt of small business rate relief and then take on another premises anywhere in the country
For the following changes, use our online form:
- when you change the way you use the property
- if your business contact details change
- if the name of your business changes
- if you were a sole trader but become a limited company
You need to supply the following information:
- your business rates reference number - found on your latest bill. Do not include the "X" when you enter the reference
- the name of the business address of the relevant property
- the date of any change
- ratepayer's name
- name and contact details of any other parties involved
What happens next?
If we need further information, we will contact you. If the change results in a new change, we will send you a new bill.
The change may result in you being entitled to a refund. If so, you can sign into your MyGuildford account. You can access your business rates account summary to start the refund process.