Tell us about a change to your business
Certain changes that you make to your business or property could affect your business rates.
You need to tell us:
- when you move in or out of a property
- when you buy or take on the lease of a new property
- when you sell or give up the lease on a property
- when you change the way you use the property
- if your organisation gets or loses charitable status
- if your business contact details change
- if the name of your business changes
- if you were a sole trader but become a limited company
- if you are in receipt of small business rate relief and then take on another property anywhere in the country
We need to know the:
- exact date of any change
- ratepayer's name
- address of the relevant property
- name and contact details of any other parties involved
The change may result in you being entitled to a refund. If this is the case, we will contact you.
Email email@example.com or call 0330 123 0081 about any changes.
If you are acting on behalf of someone else, you will need to provide documents that show they have given you permission.