- You are here:
- Home >
- Business >
- Licences and Permits >
- Alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshment licences >
- Premises licence
We can grant a premises licence for a business supplying alcohol or entertainment or late night refreshment, on or off the premises.
Where the sale or supply of alcohol is one of the activities carried out at your premises, you will also need one or more personal licence holders.
You can apply online for a premises licence.
Apply by post
Your application must consist of:
- (if the premises will be selling or supplying alcohol). The designated premises supervisor must hold a personal alcohol licence.
- A plan of the premises to the prescribed format.
- The statutory fee based on the rateable value.
- A copy of the entire application (without the fee) must be sent to each of the responsible authorities.
- If you are applying as an individual, a copy of a document from this demonstrating your entitlement to work in the UK.
You need to advertise the application during the representation period.
Themust be displayed on the outside of the property on light blue A4 (or larger) paper. The advertisement must be displayed for 28 consecutive days starting the day after the application is submitted to the licensing unit.
Theneeds to appear at least once in a local newspaper within ten working days of the application being submitted. The applicant is responsible for sending a copy of the advertisement to the Licensing Team.
Will tacit consent apply?
Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period, provided the application was correctly made.