- You are here:
- Home >
- Business >
- Licences and Permits >
- Alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshment licences >
- Premises licence >
- Applications recently received under the Licensing Act 2003
Applications recently received under the Licensing Act 2003
The table below lists the applications that we have recently received, and they can be viewed using the links in the Downloads section.
Types of application
A new application is usually one received for a premises that does not currently have a licence (one premises may have more than one licence).
A variation application is where the premises licence holder has applied to change some of the conditions or details of their existing premises licence.
A minor variation application is where the premises licence holder has applied to make small changes to the licence that will not affect the licensing objectives.
A review is where one of the responsible authorities or interested parties has indicated that, in their opinion, a premises is not complying with one or more of the licensing objectives.
|Premises name||Premises address||Type of application||Closing date for representation|
|Sea Gras Naughty Water|
Genesis House, Merrow Lane, Guildford GU4 7BN
Casino and Players Lounge
Onslow Street, GU1 4SQ
|Long Acre Preserves||Long Acre, Effing Common, Effingham KT24 5JG||New||17/08/2020|
|Mandira's Kitchen||Silent Pool, Shere Road, Albury GU5 9BW||New||10/08/2020|
|Silent Pool Gin||The Rotunda, North Street, Guildford||New||19/08/2020|
|MacDonalds||13 Friary Street, Guildford GU1 4EH (site of closed Jamie's Italian)||New||25/08/2020|
This page is updated weekly. Applications are removed after the closing date for representations. If a hearing was necessary because representations were received then the hearing will be heard by a Licensing Sub Committee, and all those who made valid representations will be invited to attend the hearing.
On the closing date for representations, any representations received by the Licensing Unit after our office has closed to the public will not be accepted as valid representations. If you make a valid representation, your name and address will be made public as part of the record of hearing, should a hearing be necessary.
How to make a representation
If you wish to make a representation, this must be done in writing by either letter or email:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to the Licensing Team, Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, GU2 4BB
Representations must be made by the closing date for representation.
If you are making a representation, you must refer to the possible impact of the application on one or more of the licensing objectives. Any representation made after the representation date cannot be considered.
The licensing objectives are:
- prevention of crime and disorder
- prevention of public nuisance
- public safety
- protection of children from harm
If you are considering making a representation, please read the current guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003.
Please be aware that in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003:
- only representations that refer to the likely impact of the application on one or more of the licensing objectives will be accepted as relevant, and you are recommended to give evidence to support any representation
- if we receive a relevant representation, the application will be determined by a Licensing Sub-Committee and all parties will be invited to attend the hearing unless the application is a Minor Variation, in which case it will be determined by a licensing officer
- at the hearing, the Licensing Sub-Committee must look to grant the application. It will only refuse an application as a last resort and if there are no appropriate conditions or modifications to the application that would address the concerns raised in a relevant representation
- should the future or current operation of a premises be undermining the licensing objectives, any person can call for a review of the licence/certificate, and where there is no evidence to support a representation, it would be better to wait and see what impact the grant of the application has, and if necessary, call a review of the licence/certificate.
- Sea Gras Naughty Water application [325.38KB]
- Sea Gras Naughty Water floor plan [644.31KB]
- Casino and Players Lounge minor application [387.52KB]
- Casino and Players Lounge floor plan [226.97KB]
- Mandira's Kitchen new application [2.58MB]
- Long Acre Preserves [599.19KB]
- Long Acre Preserves floor plan [542.3KB]
- Silent Pool new application [1.88MB]
- Application Silent Pool - Rotunda map [868.92KB]
- McDonalds new application [1.96MB]
- Macdonalds plan [431.97KB]