Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Apply for a street trading licence

A pedlar or a street trader

A pedlar must keep moving, and can only stop to trade. If you are standing still, waiting for customers, you are street trading and could be prosecuted.

If you are a pedlar, you must either carry the items you are selling or carry them on a trolley.

You need to be on foot, and your trolley needs to be easy to move around. Guildford town centre is on a steep hill and can be very busy. If you cannot easily move your trolley and have to stay in one place because of this, you are street trading and will need the council's permission.