Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Find out about charitable collection licences

House to house collections

If your collection is from door to door, shop to shop or pub to pub, then it needs a house to house collections permit.

  • you must apply if you are a small charity
  • you must apply if you are a group, eg scouts, girl guides
  • collections must be licensed whether it is to collect cash, direct debit, or donations of household goods, clothing, other items
  • collections carried out by commercial companies, where some of the revenue is donated to charity, must also be licensed

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. We have a target completion period of 21 days for this notice. This means if you have not heard from us by the end of this period you can act as though your application is granted.


Applications should be made at least 28 days before the collection date, and a return form must be submitted within one month of the completion of the collection. We advise you read Icon for pdf House to House Collections Regulations [17.72KB] before making your application.

The maximum period this licence will last for is one year. 

Icon for pdf House to house collection application form [311.72KB]

Icon for pdf Charity Collection Return Form [77.28KB]