Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Reductions for adaptations to your home due to disability

If you have made changes to your main home to help a disabled person who lives there, we might be able to reduce your council tax bill.

To get a reduction on your bill, the home must have at least one of the following:

  • an extra bathroom or kitchen required for the disabled person
  • a room other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet which the disabled person needs and is used mainly by them
  • extra space in the home for the use of a wheelchair by the disabled person

What happens next?

If your home is eligible, your bill will be reduced to that of a property in the next council tax band down. Even if your property is in band A, you will still get a reduction. 

If you think you might qualify for disabled band reduction, call 01483 505050 or email