Toggle menu

Coronavirus advice and support

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Our website is in beta testing. To find out what that means and to give us feedback, please visit our beta website page.

Council tax

Pay your council tax

Pay with your debit or credit card online, or call 0330 123 0081.

View your council tax account

Once you have registered for a MyGuildford account, you can also choose to access information about your council tax bill.

Report a change that may affect your council tax

You need to tell us about any changes that could affect your council tax.

Apply for a single person discount for council tax

If you are the only adult living in your home, you can apply for a 25% discount on your council tax bill.

Apply for a student exemption from council tax

Full-time students do not pay council tax. If you live in a hall of residence, you won't get a council tax bill. If you live off campus, you need to register for council tax.